To build true confidence through knowledge in the mind, honesty in the heart, strength in the body, to keep friendship with one another and to build a strong and happy community. Never fight to achieve selfish ends but to develop might for right, Sir.
4 Daily Affirmations
1. I am smart because I always learn something good everyday.
2. I am perfect because I never make mistakes knowingly.
3. I like myself because I always take actions to always make things happen.
4. I am happy that I am me because I always choose to be happy, Sir.
Black Belt Oath
I accept honor and privilege, the Black Belt in Martial Arts, and hereby swear to uphold the standards of honesty, courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control and indomitable spirit. I sincerely pledge to honor my instructors and school with loyalty and support, and to value and carry on the Martial Arts tradition with respect and dignity. I further pledge, with humility and gratitude, to continue my mental, physical and spiritual growth to the highest level, to lead by example, and to share what I have learned with others. I pledge to treat my family and others with respect, courtesy, loyalty, and carry on Black Belt Excellence throughout my life, Sir.
5 Tenets of a Black Belt
5. Indomitable Spirit
1. Students must bow to the flags, Sabom-Nim and other black belt instructors when coming in and out of school.
2. Students must use the word “Sir” or “Ma’am” when speaking to instructors.
3. Students must respect and obey instructors.
4. Conversation is not permitted during class.
5. Swearing, smoking and drinking liquor is prohibited.
6. Students must attend class regularly for their own good.
7. Students must keep the Do Jang clean.
8. Outside shoes are not allowed on the mats
9. Wear your taekwondo shoes in the school
10. Put your shoes and sparring bags neatly to the side
11. Food and drinks are not allowed on the mats
12. Do not leave any belongings on the mats
Class Attendance Rules
1. Students should arrive 5-10 minutes before class
2. Students should be picked up within 10 minutes after class
3. Notify the academy if you will be missing classes for a period of time for vacation, medical reason, etc.
4. Students may only attend classes for their age and/or belt rank
5. Students may make up a class when the same belt class is given at another time that week or month.