Master Mohamed Elshikh opened International Martial Arts in 2001 in Woodbridge, NJ. Over the past 17 years, the school moved three locations and now has it’s own private building and parking lot at 54 Cutters Dock Road, conveniently located two blocks behind Strawberry’s Pizza. In June 2016, Master Elshikh opened the Randolph location at 3 Middlebury Blvd. In March 2017, the Belleville location was renovated and re-opened as IMA again. Click on the class schedule links to see what days and times our taekwondo and IMA FIT classes are offered at each location.
Unsure if taekwondo is right for your child? Have your child wear comfortable play clothes and come in for a free trial class. We’ll ensure your child has fun, enjoys the sport, and we’ll even sneak in a disciple and skill lesson too – a win-win situation all around! Here are the top 5 reasons to try our school:
- Our instructors are certified, so we are well-versed in proper forms, as well as techniques
- Our primary focus is always on improving our students’ physical, mental and emotional health
- We offer classes for all ages and fitness levels, and we offer the convenience of multiple classes every week
- We encourage excellence at all levels, and strive to provide a positive environment that allows each student to achieve specific goals and milestones
- Our classes are small enough that we can provide individualized attention to each student
And parents, we also specialize in training children diagnosed with ADD and ADHD. Please speak with Master Elshikh on how we can tailor our program to meet your needs. Remember, you can build an amazing life if you build it on a solid foundation.
Master Mohamed Elshikh
Born in Alexandria, Egypt, Master Mohamed Elshikh reached many achievements in his 23 years of studying the martial arts and 17 years in business:
- Trained at Yong-In University in Korea in 2010 in the Sparring Department
- Trained and competed in the Egypt Open in December 2010 and received 3rd Place Sparring
- 6th Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Certified
- 3rd Dan Hapkido World Ki-do Federation Certified
- 1999 New Jersey State Taekwondo Championship – 1st Place Sparring
- 2001 New Jersey State Taekwondo Championship – 1st Place Sparring
- 22nd Annual Pan Am Taekwondo Han Moo Kwan Championship – 1st Place Sparring
- December 2014 World Taekwondo Federation Citation of Recognition
- Host of the Metro Open Taekwondo Championship – one of the largest and well-attended tournaments on the east coast with international referees attending
- Host of the TrueScore East Coast States Championship – one of the largest TrueScore tournaments with international referees attending
- Member: World Taekwondo Federation, Hanmin Jok Hapkido Association, Kukkiwon Federation, NJ State Taekwondo Association, USA Taekwondo (USAT)
- Vice President, New Jersey State Taekwondo Association
- President, TrueScore East Coast States
- Instructor of Martial Arts for the Woodbridge Recreation Department at the Woodbridge Community Center
- Instructor of Martial Arts for the RWJ Rahway Fitness & Wellness Center at Carteret
Master Miguel Martinez
Master Martinez has been doing martial arts since the age of 3 and a half and has been teaching for over 15 years. He is a 2nd Dan black belt in Shotokan karate; dojo 4-time champion in kickboxing point fighting; 4th dan black belt in Taekwondo; 3-time state championship in NJ in sparring, breaking, and forms at the Metro Championship, Junior Olympics, NAGA Champion Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu practitioner. He is also a fitness trainer. Master Martinez studied under Master Elshikh for many years and then taught at the former Linden location. He rejoined the IMA family in the Randolph location in the summer of 2016.
- 2nd Dan black belt in Shotokan Karate
- 4th Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Certified
Master Manuel Nieves
A Woodbridge native, Master Nieves has been Master Elshikh’s student since 2002. As Master Elshikh’s right-hand, Master Nieves has been teaching classes in Woodbridge since 2009 while he continues his studies in taekwondo and pursues his undergraduate degree at Middlesex County College.
- World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Certified
- 1st Dan Hapkido World Ki-do Federation Certified
- 2011 Yong-In University President’s Cup Championship – 3rd Place Sparring
- 3-Time Grand Champion of Yong-In Taekwondo Championship
- 3-Time Grand Champion of Metro Open Taekwondo Championship
Master Cristopher Aldama El Escolta
Master Escolta has been training in Taekwondo for many years and joined the IMA family in 2017 in the Bronx, New York location.
- World Taekwondo Licensed Athlete
- Kukkiwon Certified Black Belt
- Certified Master License of World Taekwondo Academy
- U.S. National Referee of USA TAEKWONDO
- Director of East Coast Taekwondo Certified Referees Corps
- 7 Place US Open G-2 Ranking
- 2015 ATU Nationals Gold medalist
- 2014 ATU Nationals Silver medalist
- 2013 Kukkiwon Nationals Gold Medalists
- Former Executive Protection Specialist
Instructor Ahmad Saleh
Instructor Saleh has been studying Taekwondo for many years and joined the IMA family in 2017 in the Randolph and Woodbridge locations.
- 3rd Dan World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Certified
Instructor Myles Allyn Rada
Instructor Rada has been studying Taekwondo for many years under Master Elshikh and other local Masters. He joined the IMA family in 2017 in the Woodbridge location.
- World Taekwondo Federation Black Belt Certified